Elementar Americas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Elementar Analysensysteme GmbH.
Located near Frankfurt/Germany, Elementar is the world’s leading manufacturer of analytical instruments for the analysis of key elements such as carbon, sulfur, nitrogen, oxygen or hydrogen found in a wide variety of chemical substances, pharmaceutical products, environmental samples, agricultural, food and feed products, petro-chemistry, in education, research or industrial quality control.
With the intention of further expanding our presence throughout North America, we are recruiting for a Service & Installation Engineer—located in the South> Texas area.
The Service & Installation Engineer will be responsible for a variety of service related functions including, but not limited to, the repair, maintenance, and installation of Elementar products. Additional responsibilities include the training of customers and Elementar company engineers, continued support of those customers through phone and email contact and at times, product demonstrations for prospective clients. The Service & Installation Engineer will report directly to the National Service Manager.
Roles and responsibilities
- On-site installation, validation, repair, and maintenance of Elementar products—including Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometers (IRMS), combustion analyzers, induction analyzers and peripherals
- Providing technical training to customers, technical support personnel and service engineers
- Accurate documentation and reporting of all repairs and product failures and, when applicable, providing design change and improvement recommendations
- The maintenance and control of the engineer's spare part inventory in accordance with the administrative policies
- Providing customers and other personnel within assigned region necessary support and documentation required to effect instrument repairs, maintenance, and installations
- Travel as required to provide service support to customers and other company personnel
- Ensure timely submission of all necessary reports and other required paperwork
- Promote sales of Service Contracts and Warranty Extensions
- Intensive training and certification program requires periodic travel to the manufacturing facilities in Manchester, UK and Langenselbold, Germany.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry or similar scientific field is required, graduate degrees preferred
- Experience with analytical instrumentation, with an applied knowledge of Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometers (IRMS) and combustion analyzers
- Effectively communicate with customers and support staff in person, via phone or email
- Ability to produce clear and concise maintenance documentation
- Travel approximately 75% with valid driver’s license and passport
- Experienced working with a CRM system and the MS Office Applications
- Ability to work from home office to provide remote technical support
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Become a part of the Elementar family!
Elementar Americas will provide the ideal candidate with a rewarding and exciting position including long-term growth and development potential in our owner managed company—one which is built upon innovation and sustainability.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.