I. Scope of application
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3, these General Terms and Conditions ("GTC-AUS") apply to all business relations between us, Elementar Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 169 384 883) (hereinafter also referred to as "we", "us") and our customer (the "Customer").
- Other terms and conditions, including Customer terms and conditions, that are inconsistent with these GTC-AUS shall only apply if and to the extent that we have expressly agreed to this in writing or if we have accepted the Customer’s order without reservations, with prior knowledge of the Customer's terms and conditions applicable to that order.
- These GTC-AUS will not apply to any other agreements between us and the Customer except to the extent set out in any such agreement.
- We may update these GTC-AUS terms from time to time and the then current version of these GTC-AUS shall apply to contracts with the Customer, without us referring to them in each individual case.
- These terms apply only to orders placed by the Customer with Elementar Australia Pty Ltd and do not apply to any orders placed by the Customer with Elementar Analysensysteme GmbH.
II. Order, conclusion of contract
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, we will be bound by the terms of our offer in respect of a product for three weeks from the date of our offer letter. In all other respects our offer letters are subject to change and non-binding.
- The Customer’s order is binding. We can accept the Customer’s order within ten (10) working days of receipt. Acceptance shall be effected by sending an order confirmation or, in the case of consumables, alternatively by sending the product.
III. Delivery, default of acceptance
- Unless explicitly agreed otherwise (including where we have agreed to commissioning at the premises of the Customer), delivery shall be ex works from our Australian warehouse at Lvl6, 8 Spring Street, Sydney 2000 NSW ("Australian Warehouse") and the Customer will be responsible for arranging the collection of the products.
- If the Customer requests, products can be provided in special transport packaging at the Customer's expense.
- We may fulfill the Customer's order on a progressive basis. If this results in a partial delivery, any additional shipping costs incurred by Customer as a result shall be borne by us.
- In case of delivery from our Australian Warehouse, if the Customer fails to collect the product on the delivery date immediately after receipt of notification by us that the product is ready for dispatch (or such other date agreed with us in writing), the Customer will be liable for any additional expenses (e.g. storage costs) we incur as a result. The Customer must promptly notify us of any such anticipated delay.
IV. Delivery dates, product availability
- Delivery dates will be as set out in the order confirmation or as otherwise communicated to the Customer in writing. If no delivery time is specified in an order confirmation, the delivery time is seven (7) working days from dispatch of the order confirmation or, if a down payment has been agreed, from the date we receive the bank’s notification of receipt of payment.
- The delivery date is the date that the product has been made available for collection (if the Customer is collecting it from the Australian Warehouse) or where the Customer has arranged for delivery by a third party, the date on which the product is handed over to that transport company for delivery to the Customer.
- We will inform the Customer as soon as is reasonably practicable after becoming aware that a product is not available or will not be delivered on the delivery date previously notified to the Customer. If delivery is delayed by an event of force majeure or any other event beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date shall be automatically extended by the duration of that event. If a product is not available for the foreseeable future, we will notify the Customer as soon as reasonably practicable, and we will refund any payments made by the Customer for that product without delay. The same shall apply if the product is unavailable because of any failures to supply by our suppliers or if any required import permit pertaining to that product has not been issued.
V. Transfer of title and risk
- Risk shall be transferred to the Customer when the product leaves our Australian Warehouse. This shall equally apply in case of partial deliveries.
- If the Customer fails to collect a product on its delivery date the risk shall nonetheless pass to the Customer on that delivery date.
- Notwithstanding the above, title in the products do not pass to the Customer until payment for the product has been received.
VI. Prices, other costs, terms of payment
- Customer shall pay the price for the ordered products that is set out in our catalogue at the time the order is completed (including any applicable discounts). The Customer shall have no right of set-off, deduction, restriction or condition whatsoever unless expressly agreed by us.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise, prices do not include packaging, transport, shipping or insurance costs and are stated exclusive of GST.
- Payments are to be made within 30 days of the invoice date ("due date") without deduction to our account. If the Customer fails to make payments by the due date, it will be in default with no obligation on us to notify the Customer that it is in default. If the Customer is in default, we may require the Customer to pay interest on the outstanding amount at the official cash rate set by the Reserve Bank of Australia. We reserve the right to assert further damages caused by the delayed payment.
VII. Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed by the parties, the ownership of all intellectual property rights (including the intellectual property rights in any Catalogues, product descriptions and information, assembly and operating instructions and quotation letters transferred or handed over to the Customer) of either party is neither assigned nor otherwise transferred to the other party.
- Except where the relevant order confirmation provides otherwise and subject to the Customer's compliance with the terms of an order including these GTC-CP-AUS, we grant the Customer an irrevocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use our intellectual property rights in all materials or other information which has been supplied or otherwise been made available by the Customer pursuant to that order as is necessary for, and solely for the purposes of, the Customer exercising its rights and performing its obligations pursuant to that order.
- For the avoidance of doubt, a commercial resale of products acquired by the Customer under this agreement requires our prior consent.
- Any information which is disclosed or made accessible by or on behalf of us to the Customer during or in connection with the negotiation or performance of an order that is (i) expressly stated to be or marked confidential; or (ii) could reasonably be expected to be confidential in nature and for the avoidance of doubt includes our intellectual property rights, but will exclude information which is in (iii) the public domain; (iv) was already in the Customer's possession prior to disclosure by us; or (v) has been received from a third party, other than due to a breach of confidentially, is our confidential information.
- You must keep our confidential information secure and not disclose it to any third party unless you are required to by law.